Ray Lewis - Chairman
John Blair - Vice Chairman
Tom Schafer - Interim Supervisor
Certified Mail Delivery:
Ray Lewis, Chair-Supervisor
Plunketts Creek Township
10751 State Route 87 Hwy
Williamsport, PA 17701
Zoning, Ordinances & Permits
Plunketts Creek Township is looking for a Zoning Officer: Submit application to Office Email: email@example.com
Zoning Officer Job Description:
|All persons desiring to undertake any development, new construction, structural alteration, or change in use of a building, structure, or land shall apply to the Township Zoning Officer
for a zoning permit by completing the appropriate application form and submitting the required fee.
When a Zoning Permit is Required:
- Prior to the erection, construction, addition, or alteration of any building or structure or portion thereof.
- Prior to the use or change in use of a building, structure or land.
- Prior to the erection or alteration of signs, except as specified in Article 7
- Prior to the change or extension of a nonconforming use
- Prior to development in any Floodplain District
*Except as listed below.
It shall be unlawful for any person to commence work for the erection or alteration of any building or structure, or for a change in land use, until a Zoning Permit has been duly issued therefore. In some instances, additional permits may also need to be obtained prior to beginning construction or alterations.
When a Zoning Permit is not Required:
*unless they are proposed within a floodplain district.
- Interior alterations when there is no increase in ground floor exterior dimension and no change in use.
- General maintenance and repair to existing buildings or structures; including siding, roofing, painting, the addition or replacement of storm windows, and similar activities.
- Crop farming
- Construction or erection of fences, unenclosed or uncovered patios, terraces, steps or other similar features.
- Placement or location of private utility lines as long as they do not cross or occupy public roads or rights-of-ways.
- Razing of buildings
Zoning Permit Application:
Each request for a Zoning Permit shall be made by completing the appropriate application form obtained from the Zoning Officer or from the link below and submitting it along with the required fee to the Township.
Current Zoning Fees: Flat rate of $50.00 for residential accessory structures, decks, porches, pools, fences, etc.
Rate of $75.00, plus $5.00 per $1000 of construction cost for residential principal structures
Rate of $75.00 plus $5.00 per $1000 of construction cost of all commercial structures
Projects in Floodplain will be charged additional fee of $50.00
Camper Fees: temporary will be $25.00 per year - (6 months)
Camper Fees: permanent will be $75.00 per year
Variances for Zoning - $40.00 per hour fee will be charged to the resident-plus Zoning attorney fees.
Citations - $50.00
Zoning Permit Application(.pdf)
||For Building Permits refer to: Code Inspections Inc.
JVB Library Link
Tue. & Thr. 6pm-8pm
Meetings for 2018:
Board of Supervisors
Held at the Township Building starting at 7pm on:
February 4th, March 4th, April 1nd, May 6th, June 3rd, July 1st, August 5th, August 26th, October 7th, November 4th, December 2nd, December 30th, Organizational meeting held on January 6th, 2020, and Auditor's meeting January 7th, 2020.
Road inspections will be April 6th & October 5th at 8 AM
Held at the Twp Building starting at 7pm on:
January 9th, February 13th, March 13th, April 10th, May 8th, June 12th, July 10th, August 14th, September 11th, October 9th, November 13th, December 11th. Meetings will be held only when there are events to be planned.
Held at the Township Building when there are subdivisions to be reviewed starting at 7pm on:
January 16th, February 20th, March 20th, April 17th, May 15th, June 19th, July 17th, August 21st, September 18th, October 16th, November 20st, December 18th. Meetings are held only when there are subdivisons to review.
Zoning Hearing Board