History of Plunketts Creek Township
Located in the mid-North Eastern portion of Lycoming County. Named after Plunketts Creek, which is a tributary of the Loyalsock Creek. Plunketts Creek Township encompasses 55.2 square miles and has a population of 684 (2010 census). The township includes the villages of Barbours and Proctor.
The Plunketts Creek Township Municipal Building is located at 179 Dunwoody Road in Barbours PA.
This building is the former Alexander Jefferson Barbour school of the Montoursville school district.
Built in 1935 using local creek stone it served as a three room schoolhouse until June of 1971. There are numerous facilities at the schoolhouse that are available for use to the public such as: a new playground, basketball court, tennis court, pavilion, sandbox, volleyball pit, baseball field, and a James V. Brown library link.
The current Board of Supervisors consist of: Ray Lewis (Chairman), John Blair (Vice Chairman), and Thomas Schafer Interim-Supervisor. Please refer to the column on the right for dates and times of meetings.